Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24, 2014

Hey family,
This week was a great one!! We were able to see the Lord blessing us and it was something we wont forget. 
I talked a little to President Andrezzo in my weekly letter about how special last monday was for our family. He wrote a very nice response to me. Included in his response he added the scripture: And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4

I am really grateful for him and for the help that he brings to each of us missionaries. The missionaries in the mission are extremely blessed to have him as our leader. He is truly inspired by God. 

So this week was a good one. We worked really really really hard and it was really really really hot. haha. My poor comp was dying. His feet are all messed up but he kept going on and never wanted to stop. Maybe its because he knew that I wouldnt let him. haha. We were able to teach over 70 lessons this week and help lots of individuals come to know about the Gospel. For my comps second week on the field, he worked really hard to help us achieve our goal. We took a great family to church and they loved it. The mom and her 5 kids. Pray for them. They need it. We are preparing a group of teenage boys for baptism and things are looking excellent. I cant even explain to you all how much the Lord has been blessing us. If we work our hardest and work our smartest, the Lord will help us with this work. 

I am weighing about 183 pounds. I think the stress and walking really fast in the heat is getting to me. haha. But thats okay. I am not too worried about it. I know that I will be able to get it all back after the mission....at least I am hoping so..... haha. 

So this Sunday we found out something a little shaky about one of our investigators. We are unsure what we will do but we are confident that everything will work out the way it should. The Lord will watch over us and them. 

I did a split with the Zone Leaders for two days. That was a lot of fun. One of them is a good friend of mine and it was him that stayed with me in our area. We got a ton done and worked really hard. Its so easy to work when you have someone who is your friend. I am grateful that I have been blessed with good companions who love to work hard and are good kids. 

I have watched the videos that Amanda sent me of Spener at pro day like 5 million times. haha. Its so cool to see. I told everybody here on the mission that my bro will play in the NFL. Now my friends on the mission want to know Spencer Hadley and want nothing to do with Elder Hadley. haha. I guess I brought that one upon myself.

I interviewed two older ladies that the sisters are teaching to be baptized and they kept on asking if they could touch my hair and my arms because they both think I look like Joseph Smith and they love Joseph Smith. And I mean LOVE Joseph. I think I said NO about 500 times that night. haha. The sisters told them jokingly that I was a a grandson of the Prophet. haha. They didnt pick up the joke and took it seriously. I had to set that one straight real quick or the interview would have been impossible to have. haha. Once I set it straight they paid close attention and stopped asking to touch my hair. haha. They love the gospel and will be baptized this saturday.

This was a great week and I am happy for the success our District has been having and is continuing to have. Its a blessing to be a part of. 

I love you all and hope you all are well. Continue to do what you know you need to do and the Lord will bless you for it. 

Love you,
Elder Hadley   

No comments:

Post a Comment