Monday, April 21, 2014

April 14, 2014

Hey family,
This week was a good one and one that we super busy and super time pressed. 

So I learned a lot about missionary work and about doing what needs to be done even in moments when you dont want to do them. I want to share an experience with you guys that isnt a happy or exciting story. Unfortunately these are the ones that we usually learn the most from. 

We had met an older woman who we taught the restoration of the gospel to and everything was going great. She even read the pamphlet two times after we had left. On thursday before conference we had marked with her to go to conference with us on Sunday at one a clock. She really wanted to hear the Prophet of the world speak to us. She was super excited when we left. We came back friday she wasnt there. We passed by 5 times on friday and 6 times on saturday to cofrim coming to pick her up but she was not home. So sunday came. We took our recent converts to priesthood session. Then we ate lunch at noon but lunch took forever and we finally got to the chapel at 1:30. I thought....we could run and maybe she will be there at her house or we could stay here and enjoy conference.....Well....we decided to stay and enjoy conference. The whole time I was thinking about her and how I should go get her but she lived a long ways away and we probably wouldnt have gotten back in time to watch anything. But then we didnt pass by her house for the afternoon session because we searched for other people. But the whole time I was thinking about her but we didnt go....
We passed by her house on Tuesday and found her....She looked sad when she saw us and apologized for not being home friday and saturday. Then she told us she has left a catholic baptism of her nephew (which is a big deal) to come and wait for us. She waited until 3:30...which means it would have given us time to go and get her for the first session and the second session. We apologized. My heart was crushed. I had never felt so bad in my life. She is an elect!!! And I didnt follow the Spirit when He was telling me to GO!!
We taught her about the Book of Mormon and she then left on vacation and said she would read the book and pray about it. Then we wrote down and explained the website of the church so that she could go watch the conference talks. She will get back the first week of May. 
I sat down on the sidewalk when we left the house and cried.....I felt so bad. I know that one day she will be baptized. BUt to know that I could be delaying this baptism and that I didnt follow the Spirit when it was so clear left me very very sad. I have ALWAYS gone out of my way and ran and ran and ran to search for people to take them to church or to make sure we visit them everyday. But this one time I just decided not to because I didnt want to miss conference.  
I learned a valuable lesson. Family, please dont do what I did. Follow the Spirit always!! Even when its the hard thing to do. Even when we may have to sacrifice something extra. Just follow it and we will be blessed and we can bless the lives of others.


That was a big lesson I learned this week. The first time this has happened to me and it will be the last time. 

We had zone conference and President Andrezzo spat fire at us (in a good way). It was one of the most powerful talks or trainings that I have ever heard in me life. haha. I have ZERO doubt that he is inspired by God and that one day we will hear him giving a talk at General Conference. Zone conference was also great because I got to see lots of missionaries that I was wanting to see. 

The Church is true. Christ lives and loves us very much. Share your testimony wherever you go and please whatever you do...ALWAYS FOLLOW THE SPIRIT. Love you all and have a great week. 


Elder Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment