Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8, 2013

Hey fam,
So this week was difficult. I miss Porto Seguro a lot and hope some day I can return and talk with the wonderful memebers of the church and all of the other people I had the privilege of meeting. 
So I am in Salvador. My area is Bandeirontes. It is litterally all stairs. I walk up and down stairs all day. Houses stackes on top of houses and really narrow alley ways to get to the houses. I will send some pictures when I can. But I kid you not. It is only stairs and really steep hills. Up and down. Up and down. My legs and behind are going to get huge. haha. 
Its a great ward. Our bishop is 32 years old and works harder than I have ever seen anyone work. Everyone on the mission says he is the best bishop in Bahia and possibly Brazil. I wouldnt doubt it. 
My new comp only speaks portuguese. He is from Belem. He is a convert to the church and has a great testimony. He works hard and I think we will work great together. I live with two other elders as well. Elder Gehring. who was in my district in provo mtc. And our DL Elder Swift. Those two guys are awesome. haha. We talk all the time. Elder Swift knows Spencer. He worked as a equipment guy for the football team when spence was a freshman. Great to talk a little football with someone. haha
My area is full of great people but also has some rough crowds. We try to avoid those areas but we have some investigators there so we have to go. Its all good. The Lord is looking after us. 
Last night we visited a man who was less active and he and I just chatted and we read the scriptures together. And it reminded him of how he felt when he read and how much he loves the Book of Mormon. Then gave him a blessing and he stood up and right away, I mean almost jumped up in the air (he is 72 years old) and loudly explaimed that he has never felt this way before. He feels like a different man. And vowed he would never miss church and never miss a day again reading in the Book of Mormon. 
This gospel is true and it touches peoples lives in a way that is difficult to explain. I am grateful for the chance I have to be here. Its tough but the Lord remembers His servants and helps us out. 
Tha language is continuing to progress. I love you all and hope you all are safe. Thank you for the updates. Keep being good. 

Elder Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment