Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Jan 20, 2014

Tudo bem!
How are you my beloved family!? The work is going well here in our area. It has come to a little stop these past few weeks and that always makes things a little bit tough. But it is all part of the learning experience. It is exactly what helps us as missionaries progress and move forward and it also helps us know what we need to do to help our investigators or future investigators. 

So this week was a tough one. Elder Elliott was sick again and we had to miss out on a day of work...again... But its all good. Elder Swift our LZ came and did his two day division with our district. That was pretty darn sweet as always. (Elder Swift is the one who asked if Gpa clyde could do the sealing for him and his gf when he gets back). So that was sweet. It was kind of funny because Elder Elliott is a really really good kid and a great missionary. But he doesnt pay attention to lots of things of the world that are going on around him. haha. He is a lot like Amanda...oh man whats that word...seriously I cant remember the word....He is always viajando....uhh. Like he is. Oblivious! yes! Thats what it is. Okay so he is oblivious to what is going on around him. We were knocking doors and a group of like 6 guys with these huge hand guns in their hands were posted up just chilling on some stairs. We keep on going acting like everything is normal. haha. But these guys do NOT like loud noises or people being annoying and loud in front of them....I know this because they already told me....well not this group but another group in a situation just like this. Anyway my comp doesnt realize they are even there and he just starts clapping away as loud as he can yelling into houses to see if anyone is home. One of the guys stands up looking right at us...Keep in mind that my comp still does not know they are even there with hand guns..... And I am just thinking.. O great, we are going to get punished. I hope I have some cash on me to give to him. haha. And then they heard some yelling up the top of the stairs. So he looked up the top of the stairs and some of there buddies were calling them. So they took off up the stairs....Whew!! It was a close one. haha. It was funny. He wouldn't have hurt us so dont worry mom. Most likely would have just asked to see our ID and maybe took some cash. But even then. All of the guys really like the missionaries so he probably wouldn't have even done that. I am 100% safe. Everyone knows me by name, I have 7 months in this area. haha. But the point of this story is to just let you know that we had a funny experience because my comp is a boss who doesnt think about a lot of things that COULD happen. He is from Springville Utah....so that could explain some things. 

Anyway. On Saturday I got really really sick. That wasnt too much fun. We went out to work and the Lord gave me strength for a few hours to visit the people we really needed to visit. Then when I started to have to sit down. That is when we decided to go home. I thought Sunday was going to be really rough. But I woke up feeling much better and we were able to get people to church and now this Saturday should be a good one for us. The last Saturday in this area. Crazy! 7 months in the ward of Bandeirantes. I will miss a lot of people. But I am also ready to get out.

Anyway so that is a little bit about this week. This week we woke up early and went to the Barra. Google it. Its sweet. But no we did not go on the beach part. We went to the light house and watched the sunrise drank chimarrĂ£o. It was awesome. I will send some pictures. I love you guys!!! You guys are awesome! i am praying for you all. Help the missionaries in your areas! They need it!!

Elder Hadley 




No comments:

Post a Comment