Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jan 13, 2014

Family,
So this week was a good and bad one. Bad because we didnt have the end result that we were looking for. But good because we were able to see the hand of the Lord. 
I hope your weekend was a great one. Filled with love in your hearts for the tender mercies of the Lord. 
So we were not able to get a whole lot of people to church on Sunday. That was kind of crappy. But something really cool happened Saturday night then Sunday morning that helped me feel better about our week. Elder Borges got asked to go do a baptism in another area that he had already worked in. It was Borges who started teaching this kid. His comp was sick so I went with him. We were on our way and before we got to the bus we got a call saying the kid didnt want to be baptized anymore and his mom doesnt want him to anymore and they had heard tons of garbage about the doctrine of the church. So almost to the point of the bus I told Borges that he and I should go and talk to this kid and get him baptized saturday night. He agreed. So we jumped on the bus and went over to the area. We got there and had a great talk with this kid. It started out that he was not going to be baptized and that his mom did not want him to. After Borges and I teaching and the Spirit testifying like crazy they started to warm up again. We created a friendship with the mom really quickly and with the kid. Borges already had one with him but it had been a long time since they had seen each other. Anyway to answer there questions the Spirit was able to guide us to different passages in The Book of Mormon to answer their questions. After reading and testifying I asked the young boy what he was thinking. The Spirit was so strong you guys. It really was. And he said to me, Elder Hadley. I want to be baptized. I know I need to be. Then I turned to the mom and talked to her and asked how she feels about this. She said that it would be the best thing for him (and she is super super strong in her church, that made things even harder). But she then asked if instead of doing it that night if we could do it sunday morning. This woman missed out on some work to go watch her sons baptism. It was an amazing experience to be able to be apart of. Ya it wasnt my baptism in my area. BUt it was a baptism. And it was a baptism of a young man who was really prepared. What a tender mercy from the Lord. 
My comp was sick on Tuesday. That is the worst thing in the world. Staying inside all day when you know that you have so much to do. As tired as you are it is not possible to sleep at all because you are so anxious about the people you are teaching. But Borges and Izatt visited some of them for us. Izatt got sick afterwards. But he is doing a lot better now. They both are. It was a good week. Like I said, we didnt get a whole lot to church like we normally do. And our baptism this week wont happen because she wasnt able to go to church because of a stupid emergency call to work. BUT, with all of that we are still happy because we are able to see the Lord in our everyday lives. And what a blessing it is to me to be able to not only see it here but see it at home. Its great to hear that all is well with you guys. I love you all so very much. 

Mom I will get a scripture for the plaque next week. You dont need to send anymore stuff for my hives. haha. I will survive. If they get out of control i will tell you and you guys can send it. But I have too much stuff to try and fit in my bags now. haha. 

Love you all and have a great week! 
Elder Hadley!

No comments:

Post a Comment