Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7, 2013

Family,
Happy Birthday to everybody that has a birthday this month. I love you all and wish you an amazing birthday wish. Mom no need to put money into my account. To be honest I havent even used my card one time. haha. No need to use it. 
So This week was fantastic. Like you all had the chance to see and listen to conference was amazing. I listened to about 75% of it in english. I was able to understand everything in portuguese I just wanted to watch it in English because its just not the same in another language. 
What a weekend. We traveled to Amaralina the chapel there is right on the beach and it was gorgeous aka (very hot) weather. BUt We were indoors so it was okay. I had the chance to talk a lot with my mission president about conference. We both were very grateful for the talks on enduring through challenging times. I dont think being a mission president would be the easiest thing. Especially one as amazing as mine. He talked a lot to me about the rareness of our family. How we are very united. This is something I have always been very grateful for.  
What an emotional and dominating performance by so many of our leaders of the church. The Spirit was touching the hearts of everyone that was listening. To this I have no doubt. 
Family, please continue to heal. The year of 2013 hasnt exactly been the number 1 most fun year for the Hadley and Clyde family. It has been full of many trials and hardships. I loved Elder Hollands and the Prophets talk because I feel like at times we hear these great powerhouse men speak to us and we think they dont have problems. And if they do ever have a problem. It doiesnt even bother them. I loved what President Erying said ( I think it was him i forgot my notes in our apartment) when he talked about how nobody is safe from trials and sin. Nobody. Its part of like my sweet family. I was reading about a pioneer family in Our Herritage the other week and it talked about the sweet story of a family on the trek to Salt Lake. They had 12 kids in the family to start the voyage and the sweet mother was ready to deliver another. When the trail became horrible for the saints this family suffered. in one week time 7 children had died. And over the next couple of days 3 more died. Then a couple of days after. The mother passed away giving birth. Along with the baby. 
Trials are meant to come. Because we are the chosen for these latter-days. The Lords would not have placed us here if He didnt know that we were ready for it. Obviously we had proved ourselves in the life before. So let us prove ourselves again. And continue on. As Elder Holland said onSaturday. 

If the bitter cup will not pass, drink it and be strong.

I love you and I am here to tell you that all things will come to pass. All things will pass. Hold onto what you know is true. Dont ever let go of that. If we do this then the Lord will bless us with our own palace in the Kingdom of Heaven. Together Forever. 

Elder Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment